How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
- Format Soft Cover
- ISBN 9780702176920
- Edition 2nd Edition
- PageCount 464
- Published 2007
About this Publication:
This is the first volume in the four-part textbook series in Media Studies. This up-to-date, comprehensive, user friendly and accessible series has been written by key thinkers in Media Studies locally and from abroad.
- A history of the South African media
- A macro history of the media in Africa
- Theoretical approaches to mass communication and media research
- The functions and effects of the media in society
- Media culture/media and culture
- The ideological power of the media
- The media as public sphere in contemporary society
- The impact of globalisation and communication technology on media and media communication
Of Interest and Benefit to:
Volume 2 Policy, Management, and Media Representation (currently available)
Resources designed to assist lecturers are available for free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the title is prescribed. To access the resources register on the site by creating a profile or if you have already done so, log into the site and click on My Resources. Your resources will only be available once we have verified that you are a lecturer.
The lecturer resources for this title include basic PowerPoint slides with artwork that provide a framework as a starting point for creating your PowerPoint presentations.