How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
- Format Soft Cover
- ISBN 9781485102755
- Edition 2nd Edition
- PageCount 400
- Published 2014
About this Publication:
This work, which provides an overview of basic psychology and introduces students to personnel management, is suitable for first-year studies in personnel management at higher education institutions. The first seven chapters deal with the psychology of individual behaviour. Phenomena such as individual differences, human abilities, personality and the learning process are covered in depth.
Chapters eight to thirteen comment on the socio-psychological aspects of human behaviour, including attitudes, roles and groups. The book ends with a review of the historical development of human resource management, its present status and personnel functions.
- Chapter 1: Individual differences
- Chapter 2: Human abilities
- Chapter 3: Personality
- Chapter 4: Frustration and conflict
- Chapter 5: Stress, alcoholism and drug addiction
- Chapter 6: Perception
- Chapter 7: The learning process and memory
- Chapter 8: Attitudes
- Chapter 9: Social perception
- Chapter 10: Role theory
- Chapter 11: Group dynamics
- Chapter 12: Group characteristics
- Chapter 13: Group process
- Chapter 14: The historical development of human resource management
- Chapter 15: Human resource management in South Africa today
- Chapter 16: The human resource role
Of Interest and Benefit to:
- First-year students in Personnel Management/Human Resource Management.
- Gives study objectives for each chapter, listing specific outcomes.
- Provides definitions and illustrative examples.
- Supported by tables, diagrams and cartoons to reinforce learning.
- Includes summaries that bring together core concepts.
- Incorporates self-evaluation exercises, integrating knowledge and practice.
- Offers a comprehensive list of references, encouraging further learning.
Lecturer support material
Resources designed to assist lecturers are available for free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the title is prescribed. To access the resources register on the site by creating a profile or if you have already done so, log into the site and click on My Resources. Your resources will only be available once we have verified that you are a lecturer.
The lecturer resources for this title include basic PowerPoint slides with artwork that provide a framework as a starting point for creating your PowerPoint presentations and an interactive question set available through the Respondus Test Bank Network. The interactive question set through Respondus Test Bank Network will be available in February 2015.
Student support material
Exam and Study Skills
To access the web page with useful exam and study tips, click here.