How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
- Format Soft Cover
- ISBN 9780702138218
- Edition Revised edition
- PageCount 278
- Published 1996
About this Publication:
This work, which provides an overview of basic psychology and introduces students to personnel management, is suitable for first-year studies in personnel management at higher education institutions. The first seven chapters deal with the psychology of individual behaviour. Phenomena such as individual differences, human abilities, personality and the learning process are covered in depth. Chapters eight to thirteen comment on the socio-psychological aspects of human behaviour, including attitudes, roles and groups. The book ends with a review of the historical development of human resource management, its present status in South Africa and personnel functions.
• Human abilities
• Frustration and conflict
• Stress, alcoholism and drug addiction
• The learning process and memory
• Social perception
• Rate theory
• Groups: group dynamics
• Characteristics of groups
• Group processes
• The historical development of human resource development
• The current status of human resource management in South Africa
• The human resource functions
Of Interest and Benefit to:
• Senior and line managers • Policy makers • Public and private sector human resource managers
• Provides definitions and illustrative examples
• Supported by tables, diagrams and cartoons, reinforcing learning
• Includes summaries that bring together core concepts
• Incorporates self-evaluation exercises, integrating knowledge and practice at the end of each chapter
• Offers a comprehensive list of references, encouraging further learning
Resources designed to assist lecturers are available for free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the title is prescribed. To access the resources register on the site by creating a profile or if you have already done so, log into the site and click on My Resources. Your resources will only be available once we have verified that you are a lecturer.
The lecturer resources for this title include basic PowerPoint slides with artwork that provide a framework as a starting point for creating your PowerPoint presentations.